Magnetization & Demagnetizing of Materials
Magnetization of Materials
Magnetization of materials is possible in following ways:
- If material is place in a solenoid and the electric current is passed then the item so placed gets magnetized.
- Magnetization can also be achieved through the process called as stroking. This stroking is achieved through moving existing magnet from one end of the item to the other continuously in the same direction.
- Steel bar can be magnetized by putting a steel bar in a magnetic field, then heating it to a high temperature. After heating the material is cooled and then hammered.
- Some of the materials when placed in the external magnetic field will result in the item retaining some of the magnetism on removal.
Demagnetizing of Materials
- If magnet is heated beyond curie point the materials may loose the magnetism.
- If one magnet is stroked against the other in a random fashion will result in the demagnetization of the magnets.
- The hammering of magnet results in the destruction of magnetic force.
- The magnets if placed in a solenoid and the electric current is passed it may damage the magnetism of the magnets.